Simply divine. And so, so easy. Just tried this over handmade gnocci, and it was delish. It's intended as a light topper to tortellini or ravioli.
6 T. Butter (unsalted)
1 Clove Garlic
1 1/2 T. Balsamic vinegar (if you prefer a milder sauce, cut to 3/4 T.)
1/2 t. Salt
1/4 t. Pepper
1/3 C. Walnuts (or other, finely chopped)
1/2 C. Parmigiano Reggiano or Pecorino Romano (or other, grated)
Equipment: skillet, ultra sharp knife
- Over medium heat, brown butter and garlic in skillet until the mixture is golden brown
- Drain off the butter; throw away the garlic
- Let cool for a minute or two; add the balsamic, salt, and pepper
- Add pasta of your choice to the skillet
- Serve pasta and garnish with the walnuts and cheese after plating
This recipe is easy to alter for parties of one, two, or twenty! Adapted from one of our favorite blogs, Love And Olive Oil.