8 Slices of bacon
2 C. Stove Top cornbread stuffing mix (thoroughly crushed)
2 C. Ritz crackers (thoroughly crushed)
1 C. Hot water
1/2 Stick margarine or butter
1/2 C. Lemon juice
2 T. Orange juice
1/2 C. Crushed pecans
1/2 C. Chopped pecans
3/4 - 1 C. Parmesan shredded cheese
1/4 C. Honey
- Spray 9x13 baking pan with Pam, layer the bottom of the pan with the bacon
- Melt margarine and add hot water, mix together
- Combine Stove Top stuffing, Ritz crackers, crushed pecans, Parmesan, and lemon juice; stir only until mixture is moistened
- Stir in margarine/water mixture, stir as little as possible until mixed
- In large, separate bowl, combine honey and OJ.
- Dip chicken breasts in honey, OJ mixture until coated
- By hand, pat "stuffing" mixture onto coated chicken breasts
- Lay chicken breasts in pan on top of bacon
- Bake at 375 for 40 minutes, add chopped pecans as a topper around the 30 minute mark, I also love to add some extra Parmesan as a topper also!
This recipe goes best with some sweet corn on the cob or green been bundles, though any southern favorite will do. Serve it with Mom's cream cheese mashed potatoes if it's not swimsuit season. Also works well served "chicken nugget" style.